Policy: The AIPR Workshop emphasizes new work and promising in-progress work.
Video Presentation: Speakers are required to record and submit a video of their talk by September 25, 2020. Pre-recorded, presentation video files can be uploaded to the same CMT website as the papers. After you click on your paper submission, you can use the “Upload Supplementary Material” option in the CMT website associated with your abstract/paper submission.
Below are the duration of videos and Q&A sessions depending on the paper type:
• Duration of video files: Full papers presentation video: 15 min | Poster presentation video: 3 min
• Duration of the Q&A sessions: Full papers: 5 min | Poster papers: 2 min
Note: the video file size for oral paper or poster presentations should not exceed 350 MB. The pre-recorded video is mandatory, and presenting authors will have the option to introduce their video live during the session and interact with virtual attendees during the Q&A. See the Presentation Tips for Speakers file for additional presentation format/style information.
Abstracts: For each paper that an author wishes to present at the AIPR Workshop a title and short (one-half page) abstract should be submitted through the automated Abstract and Paper Submission page (see the link to right under the Main Menu). Questions can be emailed to the AIPR Program Chair directly (or if you have issues with the submission page).
Poster: There is a good tutorial for making a poster here. A template is available. Look for good graphics that tell a story without a lot of text. A good poster should utilize a central thematic graphic that is self-explanatory with text added as needed with sufficient details to encourage technical discussion with conference participants. The poster should be sized 36"x48" and can be in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Subject: [AIPR 2020] Poster PDF
Body: Poster title; Poster ID; Poster speaker
Paper: Full papers will be accepted for papers presented at the Workshop (both oral and poster). The due date for full papers is November 15th, but earlier submissions are encouraged. Paper formatting information and submission details will be sent to each author by the proceedings chair. Proceedings are included in the cost of registration and posted online. These papers will be published as part of the IEEE AIPR Proceedings, archived digitally, and indexed in IEEE Xplore. The page limit for each paper is 13 pages, with a file size maximum of 20 MB. Please contact the Program Chair if you require extra pages or data size! The Proceedings will be available soon after the workshop and available to all paid attendees. A PDF of paper formatting information is available. IEEE information and templates are also available at this link.
Note: please submit your papers using the automated Abstract and Paper Submission page (see the link to right under the Main Menu).
The following are paper submission guidelines that authors should follow.
1) You must attend the workshop and present your paper.
2) All manuscripts must be prepared using the IEEE format. An example template can be found here: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
3) Manuscripts must include the IEEE Copyright notice on the bottom of the first page. The copyright notice is one of the following:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-8243-8/20/$31.00 ©2020 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-8243-8/20/$31.00 ©2020 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-8243-8/20/$31.00 ©2020 IEEE
4) All manuscripts must be processed with IEEE's PDF eXpress (https://ieee-pdf-express.org/account/login/). PDF eXpress adds metadata and tags that enable IEEE Xplore to index your article appropriately. Instructions for using PDF eXpress are sent via e-mail to authors. The conference ID is 50011X.
5) Your manuscript must be submitted with a signed copy of the IEEE Copyright release form. A copy of the form can be found here: http://www.ieee.org/documents/ieeecopyrightform.pdf
Your PDF eXpress processed PDF file and copyright transfer form must be uploaded to the CMT website by November 15th.
Foreign Authors: Please note that it is the responsibility of the authors, and not the AIPR Committee or Workshop, to get the necessary legal documentation to travel to the United States. The U.S. Department of State's has an information page about Visas that you may find useful. There is also information on the typical wait times required for getting a Visa based on country of origin.